I’ve made some mistakes, I admit it. And when it comes to sewing, my mistake quota is off the charts. Please learn from what I’ve done wrong. Please.
- Measure twice before cutting. Four times is better.
- Take the time to press well.
- Use the seam ripper, often.
- In the case of clipping inside seams, check (twice) before you cut.
- Do consult more accurately minded people than yourself before you venture off the path of the pattern.
- Have many measuring devices. Hide some from the kids, keep under lock if necessary. Hide one from yourself even.
- Seam allowances aren’t just for rookies.
- Clip threads as you go. Always.
- Let your kids choose fabric and thread, sometimes they know better than you.
- Don’t let anyone touch your fabric scissors. Even your husband. Especially your husband, rope is not fabric, either is wire.
Any other hard learned sewing lessons?